Welcome to the home page of VesiVaeltajat!
VesiVaeltajat (WaterWanderers) is a company providing a full range of services for all your kayaking needs. We both rent out kayaks and arrange guided canoeing trips.
Our idea of operation is to be a mobile kayaking rental company. We can bring the kayaks to your preferred location near the water in the area of Ähtäri.
All our kayaks include watertight storage facilities and bulkheads. However, items that are sensitive to moisture (such as digital cameras or mobile phones) should be additionally protected with waterproof packaging.
We will also guide you in the operation and control of the kayak.
Conditions for rental:
Kayaks are available for rent from early May to the end of October.
- Please reserve the kayaks at least 1 day before your desired time.
- The leassee is responsible for all damages caused to the kayak or its equipment, or in case of complete loss up to a maximum of the full purchase price of the item(s).
- The kayaks are not to be used in white water rapids without explicit permission.
- A proper paddling vest has to be worn while operating the kayaks.
- The use of all kayaking equipment is at your own risk.
All prices always include the paddle, spray skirt, paddling vest, as well the delivery and pick-up from an arranged location in Ähtäri. Cash as the way of payment.
The pricing list can be found here.
Guided trips are also available for groups of up to 5 people!
There is no previous kayaking experience required for the guided trips. Young people aged between 13-17 require the consent of a parent. Prices starting at 35 euros per person / 2 hour trip, including all equipment + training.
For further information contact: Tapio Koskela 040-5452913.